Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my "things I'm thankful for" list every year. It's hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2016 and am thankful for.
- Brothers in Arms, by Jack Lewis Bailott. This definitely ranks #1 in my favorite books of the year. Soooo good! I already love WWII, and this also added so many other things I love. Such as friends, brothers, enemies... Ahh! Words can't describe how much I love it!
- Resist, by Emily Ann Putzke. This book. Emily Putzke is my new favorite author. Such emotions spread throughout the pages! It was just . . . wow! Another amazing WWII book!
- The Old River Road, by Ivy Rose. This was such a sweet story! I loved the slower pace of the book, and the characters were so sweet! <3
- Befriending the Beast, by Amanda Tero. I love fairy-tale retellings, and this one was so sweet and precious!!
- War Tears, by Faith Potts. This is the only book on the list that is not published, but I just HAD to put it in here. I've been reading this story slowly as Faith finishes it up and sends me parts of it, and I love it so muchly! Of course, it's WWII, again... xD
Speaking of more reading, here's one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 25-28. There's literally something for everyone. Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. Don't know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2016 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017?