Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Life Changes

*tentativly steps into the room* Heh ... hi, y'all. It's been a while since I posted, to say the least. It wasn't my intention to take a blogging break, but at times life brings along seasons we weren't expecting.
I hope y'all's summer was wonderful. Mine was, and I'm still trying to figure out how it's already gone. It's seems like it was just a week or two ago that I was planning everything fun that was going to happen, and now fall is informing us that it's not too far away. 
It's kinda funny, isn't it. How the things that you look forward to the most are the things that seem to pass the quickest. And you're left just wondering where the time had gone to. 
A lot happened this summer. It was one of those times where, when you were in the midst of it, nothing felt like it changed. But looking back ... nothing is the same. 
For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you probably have a pretty good idea of what's been going on in my life. Seeing as how it's pretty much the only social media site I actually use somewhat frequently. XD
This summer I enrolled for EMT classes at a local community college, and I'm in the middle of my third week of classes. I'm not even sure if words alone can describe just how much this means to me. I've dreamed about college for years, but due to family health issues or such, I was never able to actually enroll and begin. I'm still trying to believe it has actually happened. (Though, the homework assignments are starting to make me realize that yeah, this is real. xD)  

In addition to that, I've spent the summer working on editing A Question of Loyualty, and sending it to beta-readers. My goal is for it to be released sometime mid-November, but we'll see. I've also decided that this will be the final book in the series. I'm not ruling out a companion novella or something in the future, but this will be the 3rd and final book in the Questions of War series. It took me a little while to come to that decision, and it wasn't an easy one to make. I've come to love my characters and their individual stories. However, when I started writing, I knew it would be temporary. I wasn't one of those people who wanted to write forever. It was a season. And it was a season I loved. Which is why the decisions to make this the final book in the series was so hard. I've been so blessed by all the amazing people I've met in the Indie writing community. I can't imagine life without y'all. <3 

Yes, I'll still write. I'll still read far too much. I may publish more books or novellas. But writing ... it's gonna be pretty low on the priority list. College, work, family ... and whetever else God brings into my life in the next year or so, they'll be my priority. Writing is going to be more of a hobby. 

College along with my other responsibilities, taking on more work, and volunteering at church as left me not a lot of time for much else. Including blogging. I still want to finish my 1 Corinthians 13 series. I mean, I still have a few weeks until the calender says summer is over, soo... xD I definitely want to finish it before then. 
And after that I'm not sure. I want to keep blogging, but we'll have to see. It'll be far from the consistent posting schedule I've tried to keep in the past. (And yes, I'll probably still blog about writing in some form or another. Because I still love to do it. xD) 
Hopefully, though, y'all won't mind some more random posts. Because if these past two and a half weeks have shown me anything, it's that an EMT class is far from boring. 

How about you? How was your summer? Has anything drastically changed in your life? Anything special happen?

Three of my favorite songs this summer have been Fast by Luke Bryan, Seasons Change, by Scotty McCreery, and Life Changes by Thomas Rhett. Because they kinda sum up what this summer has been about. 
Change. New beginings. A new season. 

I'm a summer person, through and through. But this year? I can't wait to see what Autumn brings. 

17 comments:

  1. Best wishes with this new season you are embarking upon. I know things might be moving by at lightning speed, but always remember that God's got a perfect plan for you!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jess!
    Life is crazy, busy, and full of surprises. It sounds like you won't have any trouble keeping busy even without writing or blogging. Don't feel pressured to keep blogging ever week. As you said, life has seasons. It's good to recognize that what was enjoyable for a time, may not be what you are to keep doing. It was nice of you to let us know though. ;) Then at least we won't wonder what became of you. :)

    Me? Anything drastically change? Well, after spending months campaigning for my brother for County Collector, he lost by 46 votes. That was rather shocking, but it wasn't devastating to me. Other than that I've been trying to write regularly though I'm not sure what's happened to August. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah. I rly wish I was able to blog more often... that just isn’t happening as of late. :)
      Oh, yes, writing consistently can be hard. I’m sure you’re doing amazing, tho!

      Delete
  3. I'm both sad and happy for you, Jesseca. I'm so gonna miss your writing style ;) But knowing you're still keeping it as a hobby is encouraging :)

    For me, I think writing is who I am, I'll admit once I find myself in a courtship, my writing will probably slow way down until I'm married, lol. I mean, life happens;) Until then, I'll keep following my writer calling;^)

    I would love to hear about your EMT training! First Responders are amazing and I really respect those willing to do it for us! I on the other hand have a weak stomach (though you wouldn't know it to see some of my documentaries, XD.

    Looking forward to whatever God has in store here! God bless and sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I miss writing, too. Honestly some days I wish I could just sit and write like I used to. I woudln;’t trade life right now for anything, though. It’s been different but oh so goof.
      I’m gonna have to get up a post about first responders sometime soon. I have so much I could share... it’s been an amazing journey!

      Delete
  4. Glad to have you back Jesseca! I'm really excited for your book coming out...Sad about this is the end. *sobs* I understand though, life just changes...Maybe you can write a fictional novel about a first responder sometime...That would be cool!

    A lot of things have changed this year for me too! I started blogging, I published my first book in May, I became part of a writing team.

    Some of the changes have been great and some of them extremely hard. I've learned a lot about myself and about God this year...It has been good but also painful.

    Thank you for writing wonderful books! I'l be looking forward to things your write in the future. :)





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* Maybe! I could totally see myself writing a book about that.

      Mm, yeah, changes are hard. I’ve been realizing that so much more this year. God is so good, though. Through everything. *hugs* I hope things have changed for the better. <3

      Delete
  5. I'm going to miss reading your books, but I'm also excited to see what direction God takes you in life! I'll pray for you. <3 In my experience, change is often hard, but it can definitely be good. Gonna miss ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! I’m excited about it as well. :)

      Delete
    2. Sending lots of prayers your way! <3

      Delete
  6. Aw, I'm happy for you, and the new opportunities this season brings! All the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica. It’s been amazing thus far!

      Delete
  7. I've smiled so many times, seeing the way your life has changed over the passed few months. <3 And I'm so happy for you now, girl, starting college and chasing your dreams. As we each begin new and different chapters of life, I'll always cherish the memories of the season when writing was what drew us together. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs you* I love you so much dear girl. These past few months have been beyond anything I could have dreamed... I’m so glad a to have had you alongside me for the rife. <3

      Delete
  8. Praying for you, Jesseca! :)
    I really want to read that series! Maybe now that I have a kindle, I'll buy it eventually! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz!
      If you do get a chance to, I hope you enjoy it! ;)

      Delete