Sunday, January 1, 2017

No need to say goodbye . . .

2016 has breathed its last, and in doing so has ushered us into a glorious new scene on the stage of life. The year of our Lord two-thousand and seventeen. 




Wow. 2016 is officially over. So, so, SO much happened this year. It's been insanely busy, incredibly full, and undeniably blessed. 
This year, I learned that friends are some of God's greatest blessings. I learned that sometimes it's okay to not have life planned out. And I've realized that with God on our side, the edges of the galaxy are really the only limits we have. 2016 has been an amazing year for me, though it has had it's hard and and difficult times.
So. Lets get right into it, shall we? 



-Blogging-

This year ended up with a huge change from my posting mainly on A Kansas Wind to posting exclusively on this blog. Why? Because I got to the point where two blogs was just a bit too much, and I wanted to focus more seriously on my writing. The result? This ended up becoming my main blog, and I published 107 posts this year. Which seems like a ton to me. xD I also got to 25K page-views, and eighty-three followers, including the Google followers and email subscribers. Which . . . is a bit overwhelming to realize. You guys are amazing. 

The most popular post of the year was Friends, Starbucks, and an Announcement. Possibly because the word "Starbucks" was in there? xD

I also found so many wonderful new blogs to follow. I feel so blessed by being able to meet so many other amazing bloggers this year. The blogging world is the best, people. 



-Writing-

I wrote a rough estimate of around 110,000K words. Which isn't actually too impressive, but I'm happy with it. Added to that writing, I worked through three edits of A Question of Honor, four edits of The Silent Blade, and three edits of Beyond the Horizon. Basically, I edited way too much this year. ;P I was able to finish and win NaNo in November for the second time, which was amazing! 
I also published two books. The Silent Blade released in July, and Beyond the Horizon released in December. 
Writing this year has been crazy, exhausting, and incredibly rewarding. I've been able to grow in so many areas, and I can't wait to continue learning from seasoned authors, getting feedback, and going on wild adventures with my characters. Writing is my life. Words are beautiful. And I can't wait to see where 2017 takes me. Am I nervous? Hmm, yes. But I know God's got this. And no matter how much (or how little) I accomplish, it's okay. 


-Life-

Life was crazy exciting this year. Lots of learning, growing, and seeking God's will.  I turned 18, got my drivers license, took the leap from being a writer to being an author, went from Washington state to Texas in the space of two weeks, and was able to meet four(!!!) internet friends in person. I addition, I was able to vote for the first. time. ever. 
If I had to choose one thing that was the most exciting in 2016, I'd have to say it was the election. *cringes* I know, I know. That's not a popular opinion to hold. But see, I'm the person who studied economics and government since I was old enough to know what they were. I read books about the law and the government for fun, and enjoy everything about it.  That said, being able to take part in the election was the thing I was most looking forward to this year. And it was everything I'd hoped for, with a whole lot more drama I didn't expect. Analyzing, cross referencing, studying backgrounds; it was the best few months of my life. I'll always treasure the political conversations my family had around the table. And the fact that my siblings looked up shoe size, birthday, and height of all the candidates. xD
All in all, I'm proud to be able to say that not only did I survive the 2016 election year, I came through with a smile on my face and the knowledge that God is on the throne. No matter who wins. (Though I must say . . . praise God we didn't get Hillary!)
My family also went through a bit of a difficult time this year when my grandpa, as well as two family friends passed away. If you take away one thing from this post, please, remember this. Life is a gift. Treasure every day that you are given it, because one day, in the blink of an eye, it's gonna be gone. 

-Conclusion-

I have to say no other year has seemed to move quite as swiftly as this year. There were days when it seemed as though life was constantly bringing some sort of change. And I'll be the first to say that I'm not a fan of change. 
But this year, above all else, I learned that God is a rock that we can cling to, because He never changes. No matter what turmoil is going on in the world, or what happens to our lives, He is still the same. His word is still the same. And what He has determined will come to pass. 
Let us not look to the past. It is behind us, and can never be changed. Instead, let's resolute turn toward the horizon, and fix our eyes on Christ. And then no matter what happens, it'll be okay. Because if our eyes are stayed upon the one who lights our path, we can never go astray. 

With this said, I bid 2016 Auf Wiedersehen. God has safely seen us through another year. 

2017--Happy New Year!!!

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jesseca! I have been so so blessed to call you my friend, and I treasure the conversations we have together. It has been a lot of fun getting to know you better and I look forward to our friendship growing stronger throughout 2017. <3 Hope you have an amazing 2017. You deserve it. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2017 to you, too! I've so enjoyed and appreciated our friendship as well. It's been such a blessing! I'm looking forward to seeing it growing stronger right along with you! :)
      Aww. *hugs* (Yes,, I'm IS/NTJ but I still do hugs.. xD) I hope this is an amazing year for you, too! <3

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading about how your year went, Jesseca!! :D
    Congratulations on the writing that you got done, and for publishing two books!!!
    That is so fun that you were able to meet four of your internet friends this past year! That’s so special!
    Happy New Year, Jesseca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bekah!!! (Do you mind if I call you that?)
      Yeah, it was a full year! I was so blessed! ^_^ And meeting friends is amazing. Like, seriously. Such a blessing. Internet friends are awesome. ;)
      Happy new year to you, too!!

      Delete
  3. YOU WROTE SO MANY WORDS LIKE WOOOAHHHH. I wonder how much I really wrote through blogging, journaling, poems, my novel, texting, emails....OMW even comments!! LIKE WOW WORDS o.o

    #inshock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, honestly, I feel like I kinda failed in the writing area. xD But thank you! :) You did amazing with writing this year, too!
      Yeah if we counted blog posts and comments and emails... It's so mind-boggling to think it was all done with 26 letters.
      *nods* WORDS BE AMAZING!

      Delete
  4. So exciting that you are a published author, and I can't wait for A Question of Honor to be published, but I won't rush you XD.
    Sorry about those you lost this year. It's hard, but I pray that in the moments when you feel under that you will feel God's presense.
    Cheers to 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Soleil! Hehe , about that . . . tomorrow's post will have a date for you. ;) I know, I've made y'all wait...
      Aw, thank you. <3 God has been so good to us, even in the hard times.
      *cheers with you* 2017!!! :D

      Delete
  5. You are an awesome girl, Jesseca, and a blessing from the Lord. What an awesome post of all the blessings and adventures you had this past year! I know about losing loved ones, and I have nothing else to say but I'm sorry. There are no other words that can confiscate for those periods in our life.

    And, since you gave a nice little Auf Wiedersehen, how about a nice Russian proverb and good bye? B-) (despite the fact I turned out to be 36.5% German. *cough, cough*)

    Раз на раз не прихо́дится- each time it is different.
    Meaning, you cannot expect perfection every time, so give yourself grace. *gives the knowing look*
    You know this is important for you. ;)

    Love you girl and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *has no words* *hugs Emmy* You are such a blessing to me, too. <3
      Yeah, there aren't, but it's okay. I know you understand, and really, that's more than all the words in the world. :)

      Hehe, yeah, you are kin now. xD GERMANS! *high-fives*

      That was beautiful. And ... exactly what I needed ot hear. I know I'll be writing it down and re-reading it many times. <3 Thanks so much, Emily.

      Love you, too!! Happy 2017!

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, Jesseca! It sounds like your year was full indeed. I'm glad to know you plan to keep writing. ;) I hope this new year is full of God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! It was full, but blessed. God is so good!
      Hehe, yes, writing is . . . almost necessary. For me, at least. ;)
      Aww, I hope your year is blessed, too! :)

      Delete
  7. That title... :')
    Haha, crazy how some posts end up the most viewed for weird reasons, huh? My most view post is...a tag. O.o Congrats on those awesome blogging stats!! :D
    Wow. You did so. much. editing. last. year. *pats head* You poor thing. BUT...look at all those beautiful published works. ;)
    Hahaha!! Yes to everything you said about the election. XD Praise God for how that turned around!!
    Yes...treasure every day. Because all too soon these days – these loved ones and even lives – will be gone. <3

    Amazing post, girl. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete