Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Guest post! Rebekah Morris

Hello, y'all! How is your week coming thus far? Mine has been good, but busy! And that trend doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon. ;)
Some of you may have noticed I missed Saturday's post.  There were a couple reasons for that, and this is one of them; I'm having Rebekah Morris here with a guys post today! So without any further ado,  let's get on with it. 

Hello Everyone!
I know, you were expecting Jesseca to be sharing another delightful post, weren't you? Well, she is. Only it's not here. We decided to switch blogs today because we wanted to share something.

This weekend, April 13-14, Jesseca and I will be sharing a booth at the
TPA Homeschool convention in Wichita!

Two other friends will be with us, and we will have our books for sale! If you are in the area we'd love to have you stop by our booth and say hi!

But we didn't just decide yesterday to share our books with everyone this weekend. (Don't I wish it were that simple.)

When Jesseca first contacted me last fall about sharing a booth at the convention, I was excited. While I've been to the TPA convention many years, it's always been as part of my brother's both (Light of Faith) and my books were simply more books on his very full shelves. However, I've wanted to try having a table where my books could be easily seen, and where I could talk to people (I do like to talk to people), so this chance was perfect. After several emails back and forth between us, emails to our friends, and consultation with parents, it was settled. My best friend and I would bring our books (Yes, she has a book too.) and share a booth space with Jesseca and her friend. Jesseca took on the responsibility of getting the booth, and all that sort of work *cues applause and showers of chocolate*

Then for several months the plan was just tucked into the back of my mind and I didn't really think about it. But suddenly I realized I had to get ready! *gulp*



Let's see, I had to bring books. But how many copies of each of my books should I bring? I talked to Kate (author of The Twin Arrows) and she said she took 20 copies of each of her books to the convention she did last year. That's all well and good, but I had a problem. You see, I have 25 published, paperback books! If I took 20 copies of each one that would mean I had to bring 500 books!!! Nope, not happening. For one, I knew I wouldn't sell that many, and two, I didn't have enough money to buy that many to begin with. So I had to do some guesswork, some figuring, some finding out how many books I already had available to bring, and then place my order for new books. So, if you should come to our booth, and I have run out of one of my books, sorry! I promise I will order you one.
For me, that was the hardest part about preparing. The other things (hotel, food, set up, selling) will be easy. 

There's excitement in the air as we plan when to meet to set up the booth, talk of getting ice cream together, ideas of how to set up the tables, eagerness, and maybe a bit of nervousness realizing that we're going to be doing this on our own. But it's going to be fun! And yes, we'll take pictures! (My best friend is a photographer.) And we'll share pictures after the conference is over. At least, if you want to see them. :)
 
And that, is what Jesseca and I are doing this weekend. Are any of you going to be at the TPA Convention? We'd love to meet you if you are! Come talk books with us.

5 comments:

  1. I so wish I could attend the convention! Y'all are going to have an amazing time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun if you could be there too, Faith! :)

      Delete
  2. That is so cool!!! I'm sure you guys will have an amazing time. Yes we want to see photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure we'll have pictures to show you. ;) And don't worry, Jesseca won't be able to hide all the time. ;)

      Delete
  3. How exciting! Hope y'all sell out! Would love to come, but that's a long drive from North Carolina! :)

    ReplyDelete