Sunday, November 11, 2018

A u t u m n ~ 2 0 1 8

Sometimes life brings you seasons that are so perfect and amazing you don’t even want to talk about them for fear that it will spoil it. That’s what this autumn has been. I can’t put into words just how full and happy I am. Back in August I had no idea what the coming months would bring, and I coudlln’t wait for Christmas because it would mean the end of the year. And now... now I wish we still had several months until 2019. Because I don’t want this season of life to end.
Words alone can’t describe how life has been. It’s been full and crazy busy. But it’s been blessed and oh so amazing. Yes, I just said words can’t describe what life has been as of late, but I’m going to try. Autumns isn’t just one thing. It’s so many little things all put into one.

To me, Autumn is ...

Hot chocolate and walking in the leaves
Learning to dance and feeling as if you’re flying
Studying sessions with classmates that turn into coffee dates
Early mornings and late nights
New adventures and taking that leap of faith
Locking eyes with someone and laughing because you know you both thought the exact same thing
Getting a text message from a friend telling you that he has confidence in you even when you’re scared to death
Sipping coffee and laughing with a classmate over a joke that no one else will get
Finding someone who loves country music as much as you and singing along with the radio
Having a phone conversation with a friend about random subjects that woudln’t make sense to anyone else
Discussing politics and sharing opinions with no one getting offended
Laughing with a friend over a video assigned for school
Getting excited about something and having someone to share it with
Inside jokes that only your classmates get
Days where you think life is as perfect as it gets, and then the next day proving to be even more amazing
Feeling so happy you want to cry and soak it all in, hoping it never ends
Stopping and taking a moment to enjoy everything around you, because you know that all to soon this season will end and you’ll have to let go.

That’s what Autumn has been for me.

How have you been, friends? How is life? What has Autumn been for you this year?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, girlie. <3

    For me, autumn has been figuring out how to juggle work, studying, and writing, gaining some direction in a new season of life, and realizing yet again how special my friends are. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had an awesome fall! My fall has been good! School, church, work, and a little bit of crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. <3 For me fall has been about work, editing my YA fantasy novel, leaves, keeping up with faraway friends, and watching comedies to keep myself sane haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Jesseca! I'm so glad your autumn has been so wonderful! That makes me so happy for you! Mine hasn't been very great, but to sum it up, it's been facing fears, learning to cope with circumstances, and procrastinating on decisions. XD But also things like lighting the fireplace for the first time this winter, enjoying the first rain of the season, and catching up on some reading. :)

    ReplyDelete