Saturday, May 12, 2018

Life

Writings, editing, conferences, book sales, traveling, friends, craziness, change. Okay, I think I summed up April quite well.



*waves* Hello, readers. How was your April? Mine was insanely busy and wonderful. A lot happened, and I have a feeling that it kinda set a precedent for how the summer is going to roll. We already have SO much planned.

On the writing side of things... Rebekah Morris, a friend of hers, and another friend of mine shared a booth at our local homeschool conference! It was so much just to hang out and be able to have fun and talk to people. Talking about and attempting to sell books to people I sorta knew was weirder, and I came to the conclusion I'd never be a good salesperson. xD If you were on Instagram you probably saw a lot of pictures of our time there. We had a lot of fun and it was an amazing experience. ;)

I did participate in Camp Nano. Originally my goal was to edit 60K in A Question of Loyalty, but life had other ideas and I ended up lowering my goal to 35k. The good news is, I did manage to edit that much, so I'm happy. As of now I'm taking a break from the rest of it to focus on getting I Don't Dance published, and then during July camp NaNo I'll, Lord willing, be able to finish it up and send it to beta-readers in early August.

Andddd...I Don't Dance! The publication date is just a little over a month away! Beta-readers finished up with it today, and I'm just about completed with the last huge edit I plan on doing before sending it off to the amazing Abi who is going to give it one last edit before publication. My cover designer is working on perfecting the back cover and spine for the paperback, and let me just tell y'all... It's gonna look amazing!  I'm honestly so excited for the release of this book. Perhaps more then with any other book I've published. I never thought I'd be writing a contemporary christian romance novella. In fact, if you had told me I would, I probably would have chuckled and dismissed the idea.
But God has other plans that are so often different and better then ours, and the journey of this book has been amazing. It's definitely my baby. *cuddles book*

On a totally different note...
I've been thinking a lot about dreams and the future this month. When we were little, we dreamed of what we would do when we were older. We wanted to grow up and do something special. The world was an exciting adventure we couldn't wait to travel. And I think too often as we get older and adjust to the duties and routines that life demands, we lose sight of that God-given dream. But just remember, God put that passion in your heart for a reason. Trust Him. Don't be afraid of the unknown. Wait for His guidance. And then don't let anything stop you.


So yes. Somewhat of an update on how April went and a random rambling thrown in for good measure. ;) How was your April?

3 comments:

  1. April? Oh, yeah, that brief week that was here and then gone. Oh, wait. A month. Right. Yeah, I knew that. ;) It was a blur.
    The conference was fun. I'm glad we got to do it together.
    I also did Camp NaNo and was able to get 20k words written which was my goal, so I'm happy.
    I really can't seem to remember what happened in April. It was a busy month, but it went by so quickly!
    Thanks for the reminder to keep focused on the dreams God has given. Sometimes they can feel overwhelming, but one step at a time He will lead if we will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great April! I can't believe it is middle of May already! That's awesome that you were able to meet your goal for Camp Nano!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on to those dreams, girl. They're special. <3

    ReplyDelete