Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Recruitment Happening Now

Uncle Sam needs you!!


Okay well, he doesn’t. But I do. XD I need Beta readers for Untitled. Now before you make up your mind, I’m gonna direct your attention to the blurb below. 


Clay Walker has moved on. A successful Marine pilot, he wants nothing to do with the life he left behind, or the God he associates it with. Japan is on the brink of surrender when his unit is shipped off to Okinawa, and suddenly his past returns to haunt him. Faced with loss and questions he never wanted to face, Clay must choose if he's going to continue on his own, or let God give him a second chance. 

Jess Walker wants to serve. But the world is a mess and he isn't sure how much of a difference he'll be able to make. As a Navy medic assigned to the Marines, he's thrust into a world he never expected to face. Yet he struggles to help the men around him when the fact that he couldnt help his brother burns hot in his memory. But the battlefield isn't his toughest challenge. What he didn't count on was the battle he'd have to fight inside.

Two brothers. Two separate paths. One conflict that will force them to make a decision.

(Defintely not the final blurb but it’ll work for now. xD) 


Content Warning: This is not a book I’d recommend for middle-grade readers. It deals with PTSD and touches on aspects of Homosexuality. It also deals with two main POV characters - one unsaved, one saved. In an effort to show the difference between the two lifestyles, there is mild cussing included in one POV. (Damn and Hell are used a handful of times.) The book is still around a PG-rating, however because of subject matters I’d not recommend it for younger readers.

And ... there it is. I don’t have much else to say about it right now. It’s right around 35k, and I’ll be sending it out sometime mid-August or so.

If you’re interested, let me know! You can go ahead and leave a comment below, or If you have my email or Social media you can also send me a messege that way.

I’m so excited to get this little project out into the world and I can’t wait to partner with y’all to do so! <3 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait. I sent you an email but in case you don't receive it, I'd love to be a part of the beta reading team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up! I'm not a fan of cussing in books, but I don't mind helping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m very good with it! Please sign me up 😁
    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete