Monday, May 22, 2017

Memorial Day Memories: Three days of honoring our fallen heroes {A blog link-up}

Hello all! I hope your week is off to a fabulous start! So, as most (hopefully all? xD) of you know, Memorial day is this coming Monday, the 29th.
The other day I got to thinking about how a lot of people don't really understand just exactly what memorial day is about. And I'd like to remedy that. ;)
Introducing . . . Memorial Day Memories!  How many of you would be interested in joining in a memorial day blog link-up?



It's going to be a three day link up, from the 27th through the 29th, and you can post anytime you'd like within those three days. You can create your own graphic, or you're more than welcome to use the one I'm going to make. (I'll post it later on this week.) The goal of each post is to recognize and honor the men who have paid that ultimate price for our freedom. I want the posts to be pretty open to whatever, but I do have a few guidelines for you to follow.

1.) You must include a story about someone who has died in the line of duty. If possible, I'd like to have it be someone from your city/state, or from your family. Make it personal. UPDATED EDIT: I realize that most of us don't personally know people who have died in the line of duty. And for that I'm incredibly thankful! So when I say make it personal, I mean make it about someone from the area you live. ;)

2.)  I'd appreciate it if the stories you chose about our fallen heroes come from the past 100 years. No later, as it can be hard to find conclusive documentation on much before then. (Unless, say, it's someone in your family tree who was in the Civil war, or some such thing.)

3.) These posts are to honor our fallen men and women in uniform. So even if you may not agree with the ideology behind war or our American political system, please be careful to not say anything that will dishonor them and their service.

And . . . that's about all. You're free to post just one day, or all three! You can add wherever you want to the post. A story, poem, song, etc. Whatever you'd like to do!

If you'd like to participate, please let me know no later than Friday! I'm going to add a page to my blog for the link-up, and I would like to include the links of all the participating blogs there.

So . . . does his sound like something you'd be interested in? Something you'd enjoy participating in? I hope so! This memorial day weekend, let's take over the blogging world with stories that will honor those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I can't wait for you to join me!

15 comments:

  1. I wish I could do this, Jesseca, but I don't know of anyone to write about. I mean, my brother-in-law and brother are in the Marines and Navy (respectively), and several people from my family have served, but (fortunately) they all came home (that I know of). But I'll be looking out for everyone else's posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, really? That is so neat! I don't have any immediate family in the service, but I do have uncles and cousins. :)
      And, just to clarify, it doesn't have to be someone in your family, just someone from your state. ;) You can look up records of MIA men, and then get the stories behind them. Like here. http://www.virtualwall.org/istate/istator.htm *shrugs* But yeah, I'm looking forward to the other posts, too!! :D Thanks for comenting!

      Delete
    2. Whoa, I found someone from not just my state, but my town!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea!! I'd participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing what you post! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a terrific idea, and since I've been running dry on ideas for posts, I think I'll join if I can find the time. :) I'll let you know for sure though before Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you join us! ;) Let me know! :D

      Delete
    2. I haven't forgotten . . . I'm still trying to see. :/ I really want to! I found four guys from near my home using the site you linked to above.

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful idea! I can't participate due to several reasons, but I look forward to reading everyone's responses.

    Despite being through two deployments in my lifetime with my dad (and several before I was born), he's come home in one piece. This last one (wow, it's been almost five years now...) he promised would be his last, and while I am grateful for his and everyone else's service, I'm so, so thankful to have Dad home and not going off into war zones anymore.

    Thank you so much for putting this together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, we'll miss you. ;) But yeah, I'm sure the posts will be amazing!

      Oh, wow. Your dad served? I can't even begin to imagine how it must have been for you guys. Thank you, Mr. Henderson, for your service.

      Of course! I think all the people who put their lives on the line for our freedom deserve a lot more credit than they get. :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh!! This looks so awesome! I will definitely be contacting you later for more details. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jesseca, I would like to participate as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, awesome! I have a short post on it going up tomorrow, and if you have any other questions, let me know. :)

      Delete