Saturday, June 16, 2018

Love - { A Summer Blog Series on 1 Corinthians 13}

Hello readers. Today's post is going to be short and to the point... and, as the title says, announcing a summer blog series.


I mentioned in my last post that I wasn't planning on sticking to a posting schedule, and that I wasn't sure what I would post about over the summer. Then later this week as I was having devotions, I was struck by how often we are commanded to love one another in the body of Christ. And it got me to thinking about how our culture today has redefined love and what it means. The word is tossed around and used in such trivial ways, that it's hard to know or understand what exactly love is. And that thought led to yet another...what about a blog series where we explore that God has to say about love?

So yes. I'm still praying and planning the posts and working on them, but I wanna say right off that I'm far from an expert on the subject. I'm simply writing what I have found God's word to be teaching us as I've been studying the new testament this year. I'm looking forward to it, and the discussions I hope we can have on the subject. My goal in the series is to focus our eyes on a pure and godly love. The Christlike kind of love that is so lacking in the world we live in.

I hope y'all will feel free to add some thoughts and such in the comments of each post, and I will reply to them. I so enjoy discussions on spiritual things - especially subjects I'm passionate about.

More details to come later, after the release of I Don't Dance (this week!) For now, I wanna hear your thoughts. Does this sound like something you'd enjoy/be interested in?

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1 Corinthians 13:13

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved 1. Cor 13!! It's one of my favorite passages and I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on it!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jesseca! This sounds so good! I've been thinking about this chapter a lot too! I can't wait for the series to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ryana! Hopefully I can do it justice... and I can't wait to discuss it with y'all. :)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome! Excited about the book tour!

    ReplyDelete