Thursday, December 17, 2015

12 Days of Christmas--Day 4--Christmas recipe

Pumpkin Cookies
Okay, so I know some of you are thinking, "pumpkin? That's not Christmas-y!" Well, okay, technically they're not, but there are some people in our family (like my dad) who don't particularly like sugar cookies, so we make these a lot around Christmas time. They're fast, easy to make, and you don;t have to wait for the dough to chill for three hours. :P Not to mention they are delicious!!

Ingredients:
Cookies
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon 
3/4 c. butter
1 c. pumpkin
1 egg
1 t. vanilla 
1/2 c. chopped nuts--optional (we never use them)

Frosting
2 c. powdered sugar
1-2 T. milk
vanilla 
maple flavoring

Directions:
Sift together dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients well and add to to dry ingredients. Beat all together for 2 min.  Stir in nuts, if desired. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased sheet and bake and 350* for 12-15 min. 
Mix all ingredients for frosting and frost cookies while still warm
Enjoy! :) 

These cookies are really good! I normally double or triple the batch for our family, since they go realllyyyy fast! They're super easy to make and most of the time when I make them I have a couple younger siblings helping. Their favorite part is helping to spread the icing on the cookies when they are finished, although I do believe there have been times when they have eaten more of the frosting then they actually put on the cookies. ;) 

What is your favorite Christmas treat? 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, yum!! These sound really delicious! :D I'll have to try them sometime! Thanks for sharing, Jesseca!
    My favorite Christmas treat is probably my Granny's magic cookie bars. Chocolate, butterscotch, and coconut. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good! One of my favorites. ;)
      You're welcome! Mmmm, those sounds really good!! Recipe? ;)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. They are!! Someone made some for the Christmas carolers last night. :-) We're going to be making some next week, so maybe I'll post the recipe. ;)

      Delete