Saturday, March 17, 2018

From the Selves: Books I'm currently reading/loving

Hello all! *waves* How are y'all doing this fine Saturday? We've been enjoying the wonderful weather here; the kind that's just perfect for reading outside! ^_^ (Well, unless it's windy. Then it turned into more of a fight to get the pages to lay straight.)


I haven't done a post about books that I'm reading for a while (*gasps*) so let's change that. ;) These are just a few of my favorites that I've enjoyed during the first few months of this year.

The Homelanders Series: 

Y'all. I'm not one for YA mystery/thrillers. (Is that even the genre these would be considered?) I'm also not a huge fan of first person and contemporary. But guess what, I loved these. Which means Andrew Klavin is an amazing author! I read these a few years ago and decided it was time for a re-read this year/. I loved every nail-biting, heart-stopping, edge-of-your-seat moment of these books. Definitely worth a read. ;)



Passion and Purity:

This is a book I've been told for a while that I need to read. And when dad bought and gave me a copy I was like, "Okay, not I don't have any excuse." ;) So I started buddy-reading it with a friend, and . .  . y'all. It was fabulous. It was exactly what I needed to hear, right when I needed to hear it. I'm glad I didn't read it any earlier, because it wouldn't have meant that same thing  to me. It's truly a precious book. <3 I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a godly view on relationships.


Meet My Boyfriend:

Despite the somewhat cheesy title that originally made me steer away from this book, after seeing some friends review it I decided to give it a try. And I'm glad I did! It was a bit deeper and more serious then I expected, and it had a cute "summer-y" feel that I loved!


Perception: 

I've never read the Jane Austen original, so I'm not sure how this compared. But I loved this book for what it was. A story about a family facing hard times in the early 30s . . .and it was fabulous! While some parts left me confused, most of the time I was right there with the characters, loving every moment spent with them.


Raptor 6:

I haven't finished this one yet, but so far I'm loving it! There's one element of the story that's a bit hard for me to read, but the rest is fabulous! I'm loving the whole feel of it. You can definitely tell the author has done her research, and you feel like you're in the Middle East. Not like you're in the U.S and being told you're in the Middle East. ;)
I'm excited to see how it ends, and boy howdy is the mystery part driving me crazy!


So, there you have it five book (or series! ;)) That I've been enjoying this year! Have you read any of them? Any that you plan to read soon?

10 comments:

  1. I've never read any of those books and currently I'm in the memoir/bio phase. I recently finished I Can Only Imagine. Such a good, solid, inspiring, thought-provoking memoir. Highly recommend!
    Thank you for your book list - good luck on the good reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't heard of that book! I'll have to look it up. I've never been a super huge fan of memoirs, just because they are really hard for me to get interested in, but I need to try some more. :)
      Thanks! Im trying to fit it in every spare moment. ;) Same to you!

      Delete
  2. Definitely gotta read the Homelanders series. I have the first book, so...I should get started. xD

    Oh my goodness, YES! Passion & Purity is so amazing. Meet My Boyfriend was precious too. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* yes, you should.

      AND YES IT WAS FAB!!!! <3

      Delete
  3. I've read the first Homelander thanks to a recommendation from my best friend and I have book two on my shelf to read. :) I'd love to read Raptor 6. I haven't read any of Kendig but the name is super familiar. I'll have to try Passion and Purity as well as Meet My Boyfriend.

    P.S. I think you meant "From the Shelves" in your title. You have "From the Selves". Just thought I'd point that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How ould you read boomk 1 and not be dying to start book 2?! I had to read them all one right after the other to figure out what happened. xD
      Yes, I think you'd really like "Passion and Purity". It's sooo good.

      *headesk* Yes... I meant shelves ... *sighs* I need to re-take spelling.

      Delete
    2. Honestly book one felt a little slow to me, but I'm still looking forward to book two.

      I just thought you might want to know so you could fix it. I know I always appreciate it when someones points those types of things out to me. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read these, but the look very interesting! I'm getting ready to read Moby Dick and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I've never really read the classics, except for Heidi and Tom Sawyer, so I'm excited to read these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are interesting! Or at least, I thought so. xD

      Oh, cool! I haven't read too many of the classics ... maybe I should join you. ;)

      Delete