Saturday, March 10, 2018

Writing Update

So, I sat down to write a blog post and looked at the schedule and was like . . . wait, didn't I just do one of these?! Well, turns out, no. It was exactly a month ago that I did a writing update, though I kinda feel like I've added a bit about writing in all of my more recent-ish posts. 
(Also, y'all, what do you think of the new blog look? Isn't is amazing and summery and beautiful?! Sav did an AMAZING job!) 


Writing. Ah, yes. My dear friend that seemed to have left me behind since last November during NaNo. To be honest, I've kinda been on a writing slump. A Question of Loyalty needs a lot of work, and just looking a it makes me wonder how I'm gonna improve it. I've been dreading editing . . . hopefully I can get somewhat excited about it by the time for April NaNo comes?

In between trying to get excited about NaNo and waiting for the weather to warm up, (*coughs* Jess is not a cold weather person) I got a random idea for a short story. For Valentine's day. Anddd . . .it ended up a lot longer then I thought.

Sooo . . .in nineteen days I've completed a 27k word novella. I believe this is the fastest I've ever completed a writing project. My little short story project has turned into a novella that is very close to my heart. And the expected publication day is June 21st. Yes, I know publishing a book on a Thursday is a bit strange, but I have a reason. It's a novella that takes place during the summer, and June 21st is the first day of summer.  It needs some editing, but it's one of those stories that you write and love and look forward to editing. Hopefully it stays that way?

Blogging is going well. ^_^ I've manged to stay on a consistent posting schedule this year which makes me happy. It feels good to be back to actually blogging on a regular basis. (And yes, I'm totally counting blogging as writing. I mean, the post is pretty much made up of words, soooo . . . )

Hopefully by next month during the writing update I'll have a bunch of editing done to report. (Wait, does editing count as writing? It must . . . right??)  In the meantime, I hope y'all are having a wonderful start to your March! Be sure to join me next week, because I'm going to do a post I haven't done in ages. Namely, Currently reading books/recommendations!

10 comments:

  1. Sooo excited for you and your new story, Jess dear!! <3 The blog is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* I'm so excited for it, too!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm also excited for your summer romance... *coughs* With a certain guy ... *coughs* Who's name is Sam in the vid ... B-)

      Delete
    3. *whacks you really hard*

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Jessica! It sounds sweet and you really rocked it out in such a short time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks so pretty! I love the summer prairie look! It definitely fits the tone and style of your blog and books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I knoowwwww! She did an amazing job! I was like, "I want summer and happy and sunny and kinda a horizon sort of look, but still professional." I honestly wasn't expecting much, but she blew it out of the water!

      Delete
  4. Wow, 27k in 19 Days???? You are a machine! That’s amazing! Your blog look is so pretty too <3 Congrats on finishing this story—I can’t wait to hear more about it! <3

    Faith// thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Faith! I'm not actually sure how I wrote that much...it's all good, though! xD
      And thank you again! I'm in love with how it looks! I can't wait to share more about the book with y'all. :)

      Delete