Saturday, March 3, 2018

What God's been teaching me- February/Story Introduction

Well, look at this, I'm becoming the queen of combining two posts in one. xD


Did I say January had been crazy? Because February was so much more so. Like, um, really? It's March?! I feel like this month was non-stop one thing after another, in a good way. This month was very blessed in so many different ways. It was also challenging, but through it all, God's been good.
This last month, something that really spoke a lot to me was how many times God tells us to fear not. Like, y'all, it's literally a command from the God of the universe. The God who loves us enough to send His son to die for us.
He commands us to fear not. To be still. To watch Him work in the situations were in the midst of. And that's not easy. Life in general, the future, things that may or may not happen--it can be scary to think about. But God is love. Perfect love casts out fear. If we are dwelling in God, in His word, we have no reason to fear. Because we can rest in the knowledge that the God of the universe is in control of everything that happens.

"The opposite of love is fear. Fear is realizing that you aren't in control. Love is being okay with that. And without trust, there is not love." (Quote from Jordan)

We can trust God because He has proven His faithfulness. We love Him because He first loved us. And we don't need to be in control because we know God is. Why would we need to fear?

Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9 


*<-><-><->* 

So. Onto the random part of this post that no one was expecting. But after the post I did last week, I decided I need to introduce you properly to the story. So without any further ado, here's the synopsis for I Don't Dance. 

-----

Sometimes it takes a a sunset to show you what really matters in life. But it's the sunrise that bring the promise of a new beginning. 

Ty and Jen have been friends for nearly as long as anyone can remember. But when Ty goes off to college and leaves her behind, he has to face the reality that he cares for her as more then just a friend. 
With only one summer left before he graduates from the ROTC program and is gone for good, he must make a decision. Military life is never easy; is it fair to force it on the one he loves? 
In the midst of wrestling with the question and coming to the realization that summer is quickly drawing to a close, Ty is hit with unexpected news that forces him to examine his own heart. 
Is it possible that God has a future for him with Jen? Or will the summer close with only memories of days gone by? 

Their relationship would be old fashioned. But that was okay. Because old fashioned and whimsical fit perfectly with a southern summer. 

-----

It's about 1/3 done, and I'm hoping to finish it in the next week or two. Now that y'all have read the first chapter (in the last post) and now the synopsis, what do you think? I went ahead and added it to Goodreads, and my hope is to have it published as a novella sometime in June. We'll see. xD

How was your month? Anything God's been teaching you? Any new writing projects started?  

10 comments:

  1. I didn't read the first chapter because I want to read it all at once, but the synopsis looks and sounds good. Will it be ready for TPA? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do the same with a lot of stories. Andddd... no. Because that's only a little over a month away and it needs lots of editing. xD

      Delete
  2. Sooo excited for "I Don't Dance"! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesseca you're spoiling us all! I'm sooo excited to read this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* I take it the synopsis sounds interesting? xD

      Delete
  4. I'm sooo excited about I Don't Dance! Especially because of the song. Need to know how that plays in ... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* It plays in a few different parts . . . *grins and walks away mysteriously*

      Delete