Tuesday, March 13, 2018

I Don't Dance + A Question of Loyalty -- what's going on?!

This is a completely random, unplanned post to clear up something I'm sure some of y'all are wondering. In all this talk of I Don't Dance  . . .  what has happened to A Question of Loyalty? 

Welllll . . . it's still alive. xD

In January of this year, I sent it off to several Alpha readers, who have just completed going through it. During the time it was in their hands, I needed something to work on, which is where I Don't Dance came in. It wasn't supposed to be book length, but it seems God had other plans. And so, as of now, I have two completed manuscripts that should be published sometime this next year.

Buttt . . . in what order?

A Question of Loyalty was tentatively scheduled to be released around September of this year, and that hasn't changed. It needs a lot of work and re-writing, then Beta-readers, edits, etc, but that's still the plan. Hopefully nothing too major happens during the summer that would mess up that date. ;)

As for I Don't Dance, the scheduled publication day is June 21st. Because it's a sweet, summer romance, and it needs to be released on the first day of summer. (Yes, that's seriously the only reason I choose that date.) And it's a sweet story without a lot of sadness or heartbreak, and I thought y'all might enjoy something like that before A Question of Loyalty.  No, that wasn't a reason that I wrote it, but hey, it works. xD I've had a lot of people ask me if I could write just a sweet, happy story. So I did and I'm actually really happy without how it came out, which I was not expecting! Not that I don' like happy books, they just so often seem unrealistic to me.

So yes. A stand alone contemporary story will be released before the 3rd book in the Question of War series, but it won't change the release date of said Questions of War book.

Hopefully that answered any questions y'all might have had about the two books. I'm so looking forward to embarking on the publication journey of both of them with y'all this year!

12 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your new "short story." ;) Even if it isn't short. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome!! I look forward to reading the new book and the last QoW book! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. *happy dance* oops...
    Nice new theme! It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* hey, I don't dance, soo...xD
      Thank you!! I love it! ^_^

      Delete
  4. Sooo excited for IDD and AQoL to make their debuts into the world!! <33 And I'm glad that you're still alive. Because, well, that'd just be tragic if you weren't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you precious dearie. <3 And yes, me, too. Life is good. *nods* xD

      Delete
  5. So eager for both these books! Love your writing, Jesseca! <3 Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy to know y'all are looking forward to them! Thank you so much for the encouragement, Bethany!

      Delete